Noobie needs some help/advice

Hello,

So I bought my first HS MM and I love it. The part number I bought is 109003, which according to what I can find is a race tuner. My truck is a 2011 6.7 PS. I took everything off and have no CEL. My MM says that the fuel type is High Sulfer, which I assume is correct.

What I need help with is knowing what this thing can do. What are the next steps? Do I already have all the things I need other then the MCC unlock code?

When I downloaded the tunes onto the SD card, making the Custom folder, I loaded them into MCC and could only see two tables and not all the ones that other people have.

Anything anyone can tell me would be awesome!

Thanks,
-Kris G

Comments

• With the MM you pretty much have what you have. One tune with the different tune levels. Stock, Tow, Street, & Performance. As for MCC, you would need to find the definition files and of course the MCC software. I personally would not try to write your own tune unless you know what your doing. One wrong move and you now spent $15000 on a new motor. Of course it's up to you should you want to experiment with it.

Here is the manual should you want to review it: https://dieseltunerpros.com/downloads/hs/mini-maxx.pdf
  • I agree. I won't be messing around too much with it. I have knowledge with EFI live.

So you think I have everything? I already have the MCC software and the definition files. What about this talk I hear about street tuner vs race tuner?

I would need to buy the MCC unlock code to load a custom tune into the MM but why can't I see all the tables for the tune I pulled out of the MM?
  • If you have the definition files and the MCC software then you have what you need to write your own tune.

If your trying to see the ones modified (or written) by H&S you won't be able to, as far as I know. I don't think they would let you see those because if you could, you can see all of their work they put into it to write them.

You have to start with the what's in the definition files and build those.

As for the race and street tuners, see this:

H&S TUNER PART NUMBERS
    BLACK MAX RACE
    #109002 = FORD
    #119002 = DODGE & GM

ORIGINAL XRT

XRT PRO
    RACE = #109005*
    STREET = #109006**
    STREET USA = 209006***
    STREET INTERNATIONAL = 309016****

MINI MAX
    RACE = #109003*
    STREET = 109007 **
    STREET USA = 209007 ***
    STREET INTERNATIONAL = 309017 ****

* NOT compatible with the 2013-2014 Power Stroke. This device requires additional unlock
    For 2011-2012 Power Strokes (all tuning) and 2011-2013 LML DPF REMOVED tuning.

** (First series street tuner) compatible with the 2013-2014 & older Power Strokes, as well as all GM & Dodge. No extra unlock codes are necessary for any basic vehicle tuning as these are emission compliant STREET tunes.
    Emissions delete tuning must be unlocked via a High Sulfur Unlock Code. Unlocks could be obtained only from H&S Performance using their High Sulfur Application. Any vehicle being used in the United States would be denied access to high sulfur tuning unless they had EPA approval.

*** (second series USA only street tuner) compatible with 2014 & older Power Strokes, as well as all GM & Dodge. These tuners have no High Sulfur or emissions delete capabilities. This device is strictly an Emission compliant Street tuner.

**** (International street tuners (for sales outside of the USA). They are basically the same as #109006 & #109007 . This tuner is High Sulfur or emissions delete capable. It still requires an unlock code to access the delete tuning capabilities of the tuner.

Race tuners Part # 109005 XRT PRO & Part # 109003 MINI MAX:
    2011-2012 6.7 Powerstoke *All tuning for this model requires $100 Unlock fee (part #111005) to function.
    2011-2013 6.6 LML Duramax *DPF Removed tuning for this model requires $100 Unlock fee (part #111006) to function.

Mini Max Power levels
    2006-2007 Dodge 5.9 -The current Power Level will be saved even if the Mini Maxx is unplugged.

2007.5-2009 Dodge 6.7 -The unit cannot be unplugged otherwise the Power Level will default to Stock.

2010-2012 Dodge 6.7- The unit cannot be unplugged otherwise the Power Level will default to Stock.

2008-2010 Ford 6.4- The current Power Level will be saved even if the Mini Maxx is unplugged.

2011-2013 Ford 6.7- The unit cannot be unplugged otherwise the Power Level will default to Stock.

2007.5-2010 GM 6.6- The current Power Level will be saved even if the Mini Maxx is unplugged.

2011-2013 GM 6.6- Power levels are not currently shift on the fly. To adjust the Power Level, select
    Install Download from the Main Menu and follow the onscreen instructions (this may change so be sure to visit www.hsperformance.com for product updates).

Transmission software for Dodge:

H&S Overdrive for Dodge 6.7L Cummins Part# 111004 software

H&S Overdrive for Dodge 5.9L Cummins Part# 111007 software
  • Thanks for the help! My last question is if I have the high sulfur fuel selected in my MM am I already getting the most out of the MM besides a custom tune?
  • Yep. high sulfur canned tuning (written by H&S) is all your going to get out of it. Custom tuning would be the only other option if you wanted to change up anything. You can check with Matt over at Gearhead. He has some pretty good tuning. Here is his website: https://www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com/
  • Ok thanks! I appreciate the help!
  • Your welcome!! Let us know how it all works out.
  • It's all work awesome right now. Can't wait to do custom tuning and really unleash the power.